Opera in Bloom Festival Calendar
Final Celebration Concert
Date: May 25, 2018
Time: 7:00 PM
Botanical Garden of the Ozarks
4703 N Crossover Rd, Fayetteville, AR 72764
Bring your stickers, your tastebuds and your beautiful selves to celebrate the conclusion of our first pop-up opera festival over sips and tastes while enjoying a full performance of all eight mini-operas!
Free Pop-Up Performances
- Wednesday, May 16 at 6:30 p.m.: Fayetteville Public Library: A Flourish of Green and Lucy
- Friday, May 18 at 12:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.: Arsaga's at the Depot
- Saturday, May 19: Fayetteville Farmers' Market
10:00 The Lifespan of a Fly
11:30 The Lifespan of a Fly
- Sunday, May 20, 9:45 and 11:45 a.m.: Good Shepherd Lutheran Church: A Womb with a View
- Tuesday, May 22, 7:00 p.m.: Vetro 1925 Ristorante: A Tall Order
- Wednesday, May 23, 7:30 p.m.: AXIS Lounge, E. Center Street: Triangle and Symposium
- Thursday, May 24, 5:30 p.m.: 21c Museum Hotel, Bentonville: Symposium
- Thursday, May 24, 6:00 p.m.: Fiamma Ristorante, Bentonville: A Tall Order
Stop by for ten minutes and see a whole opera! Collect a sticker at each pop-up, each good for $4 off your ticket for the Final Celebration Concert!
A Flourish of Green by Missy Mazzoli, libretto by Mark Campbell
Come hear this tale of sorrow, revenge, and forbidden love, inspired by Bocaccio’s Decameron.
A Tall Order by John Greer, libretto by Sheri Wilner
First dates… we’ve all been there, right? Join us for heart-warming hilarity as these two diners awkwardly search for love.
Lucy by Tom Cipullo, libretto by the composer
Lucy’s family doesn’t have time to visit her--little do they know what she’s up to in their absence!
Ondine by Daniela DeMatos, libretto by Garret Jon Groenveld
He fell in love with a goddess, but is he prepared to face the consequences of her power?
A Womb with a View by Beth Ratay, libretto by Rich Orloff
The assembly is complete, the contractions have started, and a new soul is prepared to enter the world… but what if it would rather not?
Symposium by Oliver Caplan, libretto by Anne Ray
Lonely April finds herself at yet another dehumanizing business conference. This time, though, her inner monologue is venturing out!
The Lifespan of a Fly by Ronnie Reshef ,libretto by Vynnie Meli
This fly wants to become a human--what will it take?
Triangle by Tony Solitro, based on a play by Jane Martin
He fell in love with a goddess. The only problem: he’s already married. This is going to be a tricky conversation.
Check back often! Updates on the way!